Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Just in Time for Fall

This week was a rough one for me. I spent last weekend in the ER being treating for an awful stomach thing. After hours of MAJOR pain and mulitple doses of several different medications I was finally released.

I spent most of Monday and Tuesday in bed and needless to say not much knitting took place. As the week progressed so did the knitting.

I did manage to finished the poncho for the Princess on Tuesday night. It is made with Lion Brand Jiffy, Quick & Easy Mohair Look Yarn, color #330 Salem. It took 2 skeins, but since it is a little big in the neck area 1 & 1/2 skeins would have probably worked.





a poncho for the Princess



I also finally finished my poncho Friday night. I used Lion Brand,Wool-Ease, Thick & Quick yarn, color #135 Spice. It took 4 skeins to make. I got the free pattern from ProvoCraft website. I slightly altered my version by not having the rolled collar and by flipping it inside out using the purl stitch side as the outside.






a poncho for mom





I have knocked a lot of the list of WIP but not to worry I have a few more ideas to add. Happy Fall!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear about your rough week. I hope you'll feel better soon. Happy fall to you as well and nice poncho's!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Have you done anything else? What happens when we begin our lunchtime knitting in our new cubes? LOL!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Looming Looney said…

    I have a new scarf pattern I want to try. I will bring to work and try it then. Not next week though, I probably spend the next week trying to unpack and get settled in. I did have 9 boxes plus what went to storage.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Mamapooki said…

    Glad to hear your're feeling better. The poncho's are lovely. I love LionBrand wool ease. I'm crocheting a vest with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home