Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Friday, August 25, 2006

All in a days work

Friday marked the end of the 1st week of school. Yes, I made it. The 1st week of school and my 4th grader had home work every night, even Friday, can you believe it. The home work topic was "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland." Honestly I don't think I have ever read the story in it's entirety and it's been years since I've seen the Disney movie. So it was off to the library to see what we could find. What we found were book as thick as college text books. So I decided to go with the one that only had 207 pages. Because of nightly homework I haven't been able to get as much done in the knitting department as I would like but I did get a few more stitches done on my poncho project. I hope to have pics up in the next couple of days.

To clear my head I started a new hat for my daughter and was able to finish in all in one day, pompom ball and all. I must have had the look of death on my face because no one bothered me the entire time.

I have a new 3/8 inch single sided rake that I'm anxious to break and some extra yarn so I will attempt to make a matching scarf. Or mittens since I also have the new mitten loom. Maybe I'll go all out and make it 3 piece set, who knows.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger AsKatKnits said…

    Tonya, thank you so much for your kind comment. I agree with you - God will not give me more than I can handle. It sounds as if you've had a tough year as well. Thank you for sharing.

    Kat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home