Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's All in the Bag


Tried my hand a making a flat bottom bag. I recall finding a pattern for working the flat bottom but it got lost in the mounds of junk that is covering what once was my desk. Having said that I had to wing it. This is how my bag turned out. Since I am feeling all brave and creative I am going to try felting the bag. I am still searching for the perfect strap.

WIPs on the looms......

The poncho: I just started the 2nd panel of my poncho so I have many many more rows to go before I can start putting It together.



I also have another hat. I had to buy the Princess a new winter coat so that called for a new hat. Can you guess what color the coat is?
I am just glad she didn't pick another pink coat.

There is also the shawl/poncho for the Princess. Unsure of what is will be exactly. I guess it all depends on whether or not I can stand the yarn and look of it long enough to make it into a complete poncho. Right now I think its really pretty but that could grow old real fast. You can't tell it from the picture but this is a multi colored mohair yarn, color#330 Salem, made by Lion Brand. It is not a tight knit as it looks here. Just used a crappy camera and have a house full of bad lighting.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    congratulations on winning first prize, blue ribbon on your hat.

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger T said…

    Very cool bag - did you LOOM it or knit it? The 'stitch' is gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Looming Looney said…

    Hi T, Thanks. I loom knitted it. I am no where near good enought to do that with the needles. I'm still trying though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home