Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Back to the grind & Goodies in the mail

Today marks for 1st day of school for my kids. I didn't get much knitting done yesterday with all the last minute shopping for school supplies & clothes. Yes, I am the original procrastinator. I have a strange need to run from store to store covering all four corners of the globe in order to find that must have composition book. WHAT WAS I THINKING, waiting until the last minute. I guess I thought the longer I put off the shopping the more time the school Gods would give me, NOT. Late in the wee hours of the night with the kids all tucked into bed, I did manage to finish the other sock for hubby. Now he can wear them proudly.


I also managed to make my 1st baby wash cloth, using Sugar N' Cream yarn in the colors of "Grape" (dark purple) and "Hot Purple" (light purple or lavender). The pattern called for a simple e-wrap stitch. I'm happy with the first attempt but must perfect my method of finishing the edges. Overall it came out pretty well, don't ya think? My daughter already claimed it for her doll. Since I have so much yarn left I will make another attempt at the wash cloth.

On a positive note....

I received some goodies
in the mail these past couple of days. Saturday I received my Bernat Knifty Knitter Loom Series pattern book.

Today I received my 1/3 Gauge Rake Loom Kit that I order off of ebay from fellow KK loomer "DuxallInarow". I can't wait to get started using both items.


3 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Dora Renee Wilkerson said…

    Nice job on the socks!

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Yolanda said…

    for someone who can't understand the concept of heels you did a wonderful job on your sock. mine is just a tube sock with no heel so that makes you the more adventourus of the two. lol glad you liked mine, it is the e-wrap. and btw, i have the same problem with mine, too wide in the cuff but next time i will try to use the elastic string they told us about.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Connie said…

    Hey Tonya,
    Love the first washcloth, have you seen the crocheted edges I put on mine? You'd love em' You can see them at me blog... www.knitknotpurlcurl.com
    Again, great job... Connie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home