Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

SOCK it to me baby

Yesterday I took on the art of sock making. I decided to make me and mom a pair of cozy socks to trapes around the house in when the weather gets cold. A few stitches into it I realize that the yarn was not quite as thick as I'd like it to be (we have very cold feet). So in my determination to finish a sock NOW, I forged on and used that one as a test case to see if I could grasp the whole heel thing (which is the most difficult part of the pattern). I must say it came out great!








And hubby has a brand new, home made, hand made, chock full of love, SOCK.

I know, I know
, I've already started the second one and will have it finished soon. See.....
I used Lion Brand,Wool-Ease,Worsted Weight, in Wood (232) color. After seeing the finished product the color works best for a man. It reminds me of the colors men wear when they hunt (browns and army green) YUCK!!!! Don't think I could have made it through the winter with hunters feet. No matter how cold the toes got, LOL ! The one problem -- after sock was done and hubby tried it on the cuff stretched, now it's a little lose on the ankle. But thanks to the wonderful members of the Knifty Knitter Looms group I have a solution to that when I start the other socks. THANKS GUYS

6 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Cat's Haven said…

    Hi,
    Love your socks!!! Where did you find the pattern?

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Ms. Deb. said…

    Your sock is great.
    Ms. Deb

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Looming Looney said…

    I got the pattern for the sock at:
    http://yarngear.com/looms/projects1.htm

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Joy said…

    I love your socks! and your other projects also! I am new to KKs also, so far have made a few hats for the Dulaan project for 2007 collection.....and a few for my daughters. But those socks are so impressive and your scarf is so cute! you have me inspired....The heel scares me but I think I will try these!! Good luck with your next project!

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Connie said…

    Your sock is fantastic! See, that heel wasn't hard was it? LOL
    Keep on trying new things to inspire yourself and others.
    Connie
    www.knitknotpurlcurl.com

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Looming Looney said…

    Hi Jeanne,

    One recommended fix for the loose ankle section on the socks was to try a rib of K2, P2 in the ankle part. Another recommendation was to use a string of elastic thread along with the yarn when Iwork the cuff of the sock. The elastic would cause the yarn to snap back into place.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home