Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The fair is here! The fair is here!

Thursday marked the start of the Prince George's County Fair. I've gone to the fair every year for as long as I can remember. I always enjoy going into the equestrian center to visit the vender stands and see the great exhibits, as well as the rides, games, food and entertainment. This year I decided to enter a project into the fair. Since I procrastinated over the idea for so long I didn't have time to start and complete a new project so I looked over my finished creations to see which one rank tops about the rest. The lucky entrance.... the hat I made a few weeks ago for the Princess.

The deadline for all entries was Tuesday, Sept. 5. After work I took my hat, all neatly placed in a zip lock freezer bag for protection, down to officially enter it. I was amazed at how many people were standing around putting the final touches on their entries, adding that last dab of glue to the woodworking pieces, making sure the homemade baked goodies were plated just right for judging. Gosh, I love the behind the scene's stuff! Finally it was my turn. With completed entry form in hand, I reluctantly turned my precious hat over to the nice lady and off I went.

Today the Princess, Peanut (whom you've never had the pleasure of meeting yet-- pics below) and I loaded into the van and headed down to the county fair. Dear sweet hubby was home busy make repairs to my car but was with us in spirite. I was eager to get to the pavilion to see if I had won a ribbon, received a honorable mentions, or something. But oh no, no no no the Princess and Peanut wouldn't put me out of my misery. T
hey made me suffer for 2 whole hours before we headed inside to check out the entries. Thank goodness the Princess has a blatter the size of a pea and in all her royal-ness was feeling to high and mighty to use the outdoors port-a-potty. Finally inside we went to use the restroom and once I was inside there was NO turning me back. I head straight for the needle work section. Searching table after table looking for my precious hat. Oh why thus thou fair officials teaseth me so. Then out of the corner of my eye I spotted her. There she was all nestled among the others. Low and behold there it was, YES, YES...... the mother of all ribbons.

THE BLUE RIBBON!!!!!!! My Princess hat had won 1st place.

Here is my baby boy.

Meet Peanut! He is 10 years old and loves to aggravate the Princess. Just look at that devilish grin. One day she will banish him to the forest to live with the wolves.

The Princess riding the bumble bee at the county fair.

Then taking a ride on her Harley. You can't see it in the pics but she's gotten herself a tattoo. The Princess has a bit of a wild side. hehehe . I can't pick up my entry until Sunday night when it closes so I'll post more pics of other wonderful projects later. I'm so proud of me!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations! Maybe you can quit your day job soon...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home