Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Horses, Birthday, Anniversaries, OH MY

This has been a very tiresome week. Believe or not most nights I have been too tired to knit. Can that be possible? I've only manage to get 5 rows done on the poncho for Mom. She saw mine and want one of her own. Here is the run down on my life these past few days.

Saturday, Sept. 23 we attended the Bill Picket Rodeo and it was so good (see previous post).

Sunday, Sept. 24 was my Mommy's birthday; and also Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary. Her wish was to go to Charles Town Races and Slots and I felt obligated to accommodate her. After all, you only have one birthday a year right? So off we go, me and mom, to West Virginia. The scenery was absolutely magnificent. The picturesque mountains off in the background were great. I only wish I had my camera with me, DARN. We played some slots, had a nice lunch and then betted on the ponies. It was so much fun, standing on the side lines cheering your horse on to the finish line. And yes we were big winners! We won a total of about $7. Hey we don't know anything about betting on horse so we only bet the min. of $2 to show (your horse must come in either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and we won 2 out of 3 bets. NOT BAD!

Monday, Sept. 25 was my Daddy's birthday. My Daddy passed away in April of this year and it's been really hard on my Mom. This was the first of many birthdays and anniversary's that she'd be without him. With all these joyful occasions rolled up together I was determined to do what ever I could to keep her from being lonely and sad. After I got home from work I picked her up and we head to the cemetery to spend time with Dad. We brought him some really nice roses (red & white) and sang happy B-day to him. I told him about our adventure the day before. I'm sure he got a kick out of the thought of us acting like we knew what we were doing betting on the horses. He always said we (Mom and I) were like two peas in a pod. And he was right, she's my best friend.

Wednesday, Sept. 27 marked my 11 year anniversary. WOW! I can't believe I have been married that long. I'm just a baby :-) We didn't do anything special. With two small kids, homework, and all the other nightly routines it's hard to get out in the middle of the week. Oh Well, here's to another 11 plus years.

P.S. My birthday is coming up in 2 weeks. On Sunday, Oct. 1st I will start the official B-Day count down to Oct. 13 (yeah, I know my b-day is going to be "Friday the 13th" this year).

More on the knitting front in my next post. Maybe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home