Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today I am going to the hospital to have knee surgery. Every since December 2006 I have been living with off and on with knee pain. After taking several types of pain meds, knee exercises, and hot/cold packs, and finally 2 doses of cortisone shots to the knee (OUCH!!!!) I have been told I need to have surgery to relieve the pain and symptoms. I am so scared!

Other than having impacted wisdom teeth removed a couple of years back I have never had surgery before. Hopefully there won't be too much pain afterwards. It seems I have a torn medial meniscus. It sounds kinda cool because most people who have this type of problem it is almost always associated with some type of sports injury. Now anyone who knows me knows that "sports" is not a word commonly used in my vocabulary unless it involves me sitting as a spectator. It will be in and out surgery and should take very long to perform. The worst part of this whole things is that, as with most surgeries, I was told not to eat anything after mid-night last night. I have to be at the hospital at NOON today for check in and the surgery is not scheduled until TWO. That means no breakfast, and no lunch. I am not even supposed to drink water, eat ice chips, chew gum or mints. NOTHING!!!!!! Is this torture to the highest degree or what?

Oh well I've procrastinated long enough. I now must go strip off all my nail polish, remove all my jewelry (as I've been ordered to do) and fix the kids breakfast (did i mention the torture) before dropping them off to my Moms. They are enjoying it, since we are uncertain of how long I will be at the hospital they can't go to school because we take them and pick them up. The last thing I need is to have the school board and the country on my ass for child abandonment. So we feel it best for all parties involved (particularly me) to give them a day off from school.

OK, I'm leaving now. OH Yeah I finally bought a new lap top... more details on that later. See Ya later! i hope

3 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'll praying for you, though I'm sure you will be fine. No food is the worse part!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Deborah said…

    Stay encouraged and all will be well, hopefully no more painful knees.

    What's great about post op? You get hospital vintage meds and not feel guilty! Enjoy the extra knitting time! Let us know how it all went.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Mamapooki said…

    You are in my prays, your knee surgery sound tained, my MD want to do knee replacement on mine. Talk about OUCH!!!

    God bless

     

Post a Comment

<< Home