Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'VE BEEN A BAD BAD BLOGGER

As you may remember from several post back, several months ago, I said I would post more frequently. Well I LIED!. That's right. I said it. I lied to my public. I have been busy with life and not much knitting was done. Let's see, first of all both the Princess and Peanut celebrated birthdays. The Princess lost her first baby tooth, and Peanut lost 5 baby teeth. One of which had to be pulled by the dentist because it would not fall out on it's own. This sucker was lose for months but was hanging on for dear life, even though the adult teeth had already started to come in. A whooping $107 bucks for a procedure that took all of about 10 minutes and that was including him explaining in detail to Peanut what he was going to do. The worst part is I spent about $200 buck last year to have a silver cap put on that tooth. The dentist ask if i wanted to keep the teeth and my thoughts were HELL YEAH! I paid for that silver! Do you know how much yarn I could have brought with that money? whimper, whimper, sigh, sigh

I did manage to get a little knitting done. I almost finish a blanket for my baby girl to snuggle with while watching TV.

I haven't decided if I want to make another panel and join the two together. I still have more yarn left over. I used Lion Brand Jiffy, Quick & Easy Mohair look yarn. One skein each of white, yellow and peacock (teal). This project was the first one I've made using my 28 inch knitting board that I bought from Knittingboard.com

I also made this bag out of ribbon yarn. This was my first time using ribbon yarn and I am not a fan. I do like the black and gray color though.
I also have some new toys. I got this beauty off of e-bay I will put all my little notions and things in here.

I purchased another new loom from decor accents. I swear this will be my last one. It was made by the husband of a great looming wizard Isela. I also have a couple of new books. Loom Crafts with Knifty Knitter and another Loom knitting Primer. I call this one my loom knitting bible, also authored by the great Isela. Well, I think that's about it. See although I haven't been blogging or knitting much. I have been keeping busy.

Oh yeah, we have 2 new additions to our family. I'll fill you in on the details later.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    Missed seeing you on the web but I too have been way busy. I've finally updated my blog too.

    See you!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Mamapooki said…

    Long time no see, I been busy fair-to-middlin wth my knitting. I finished up the socks, and knitted up some hats for HeadToppers. I also to the Loom Kniting Primer, Isela did a great job. Your new additions wouldn't be furry would they? If so check out my new additons and the older one too.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Amoonsinger said…

    I have one of those box things that you got off of ebay. I got mine free from hubby. He was doing work at a house for a lady (he's a locksmith), and the people had abandoned the house. She told him if you see something you can use take it cause it's all going to the dump. So I won on this one. It is old and I need to refinish it but it is so neat. Love the looks of yours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home