Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Newborn Baby Bonnet w/ Pom PomTassels

I belong to several yahoo loom knitting groups and one is a looming class. Every couple of weeks one of the great loom knitters create a pattern and teach a class over the computer. The great thing about this group is that you can participate in the class the interest you and skip the ones that don't. If life gets in the way you can go back after the class is complete and work on the projects at your own pace. If you have questions you just e-mail the group and everyone is always more than willing to help.

I have been lurking in the background and just reading the messages for the past couple of months but today I decided to take actions. I participated in a class and completed my first project.

Todays class was for a baby bonnet. The bonnet was really easy and quick to work up. I have some more practice to do on the pom poms, but overall I think it's great. There was also a class for a baby sweater. I think I'll make one to match my bonnet. Check it out.







Thanks to the Princess for the use of her dolly to model my bonnet.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That bonnet is too cute! And that laid back class sounds perfect.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello!
    I couldn't e-mail you back because my blog didn't have your e-mail address. I have your blog saved on my favorites so I hope it's ok to leave a message here.
    You can find some really good deals at sew N vac direct for embroidery machine. Here is the web site http://www.sewvacdirect.com/
    The only thing bad about buying online is that you don't get hands on lessons where if you buy from a store they normally do that (we don't have any stores in my town that sell the machine I bought so I have been learning from lots and lots of mistakes and from help of other people online.) With someone like me that is not that great with computers it can be a real pain in the bottom BUT it can be done and I am proving that slowly..lol..
    I bought the Janome 9500 package B from Sew N Vac. I really like the machine. Now, that digitzing software I am not that big of a fan of. If, you thinking about a Janome go with the machine, magic box, but buy Embird (I think it's better and you can do more with it. Just my thoughts tho..)

    Well I don't know how much these blogs let you type so I better stop.

    Take care,
    Dora Renee' Wilkerson

    Dora Renee' Wilkerson

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Mamapooki said…

    Tonya, what is the group called, I would like to join in.

    Andrea in Indy

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi-- I love the Baby Bonnet--

    Where can I find the pattern? and which group has the classes?

    I am making 100 hats for charity and these would be great :)

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Mamapooki said…

    Hi Tonya, I joined the group and I wish I had the small gauge loom to make the toe up socks. I only have the KK one's and I wonder if can make the sock with it? Well you know what my first question to the class is.
    I like the baby bonnet too, I wear a knitted helmet like bonnet in the winter time and I bet if I used the larger loom, I could make one for my self.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home