Looming Looney

Welcome to the home of the Looming Looney. Come and knit a spell.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fingerless Glove

I have been inspired to knit again. After months of not touching yarn, I have picked up my loom and gotten back into the swing of things. Here is my first attempt at the fingerless glove. My hands get so cold at work that I can barely type. So to keep from getting frost bite I made this. (pardon the flannel PJ sleeve. It was early Saturday morning when my will to knit kicked in)


The pattern is from Provocraft. Because I didn't have the exact type of yarns needed I had to improvise just a bit. There are some things I will change in the pattern to fit my hands a little better. But overall not bad for the first try. I only made one glove. I will make the mate and then make a second pair in a prettier, livelier color yarn.

It's really hard to get a good picture because of the ash gray yarn. The fingerless glove is knitted in a flat panel using the basic e-wrap stitch for several rows, and contains a few rows of decreases for the thumb piece. It was really easy. I must say that if you decide to use the Provocraft pattern be warned that the instructions for making the second glove are missing some steps. You have to refer to the 1st set of instructions so you don't have to do any frogging.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    those are nice and cushiony, should definitely do the trick for warmth and typing.

    keep on knitting!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Very nice! Where are mine?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home